Easels in Frederick Quick Draw Contest
Saturday, June 22, 8 am-1 pm
Calling all artists!
Quick Draw is a fast-paced, friendly plein-air contest open to all artists aged 16 and older—professional or amateur—who register and pay a $15 fee. Participating artists may use any two-dimensional medium. Easels in Frederick "main event" juried artists compete for a $500 prize, while all other artists paint against the clock for a total of $1,000 in cash prizes plus Honorable Mention Awards.
Quick Draw is not only an exciting opportunity to earn recognition for your talent; it's also a chance to sell your work practically right off your easel!
Schedule and General Information
Noon, Monday, April 1 to Noon, Wednesday, June 19. Register online. A map of the Quick Draw painting area—to include portions of North East, East Patrick and North Market Streets in Downtown Frederick—will be posted online noon, Wednesday, June 19.
Saturday, June 22:
- 8 am. Registered nonjuried artists and juried artists alike check in at the Downtown Frederick Partnership office, 19 East Church Street, get a map of the painting area, have blank canvases or papers stamped, and then find a spot in the Quick Draw area where they want to paint, and set up their easels.
- 9:30 am-11:30 am. Artists have 2 hours to complete a painting. Audible signals announce the start and stop times of the painting period.
- 11:30-Noon. Artists transfer their easels and finished work to the check-in area at the Talley Rec Center, 121 N. Bentz Street, for exhibit, judging, and sale.
- Noon to 1 pm. Judging and art sales on the sidewalk outside the Talley Rec Center.
- 12:30 pm. Quick Draw Judge Ron Donoughe announces winners and presents prizes:
Nonjuried Artists Awards: First Prize, $500; Second Prize, $300; Third Prize $200; two noncash honorable mentions
Juried Artist Quick Draw Award: $500
- 1 pm. Judging and sales end. Prize-winning Quick Draw artists deliver ready-to-hang artwork inside the Talley Rec Center for display and sale during the public portion of the Easels in Frederick Grand Exhibition.
For complete details about the event, carefully read the Quick Draw Contest 2013 Artist Information, Terms, and Conditions. By completing the online registration form and paying the $15 registration fee, artists confirm that they have read and agree to abide by the terms and conditions.
NOTE: Artists who applied but were not juried into the Easels in Frederick competition may participate in Quick Draw at no additional cost; however, you must still register online. Juried artists do not need to register but must still check in on Saturday morning.
Questions? Email QDinfo@easelsinfrederick.org