Save the Dates for Easels in Frederick 2016!
The Region's Premier Juried Plein Air Event
Monday, June 13—Saturday, June 18
- Monday, June 13 —Friday, June 17, Artists Paint Frederick County. Watch 30 national award-winning artists as they capture city and rural scenes throughout the county. June 13-14, county locations; June 15, county and downtown Frederick locations; June 16-17, downtown Frederick.
- Friday, June 17, Private Collectors Preview, 7:00—10:00 pm. Attend this gala event and be among the first to see more than 100 original paintings created by the artists. Meet the artists and predict the winner of the $5,000 Grand Prize, sponsored by PNC Bank. Sip bubbly and enjoy canapés. Enter to win an original painting. Vote for the Collectors' Choice Award. William Talley Rec Center in downtown Frederick. Tickets $50. Purchase tickets online here.
- Saturday, June 18. Even more art—Downtown!
- Quick Draw Contest, 8:30—11:30 am. Watch professional and amateur artists paint against the clock in this contest which now includes both adults (9:30 start) and young people (8:30 start). See and buy their work from 12-1 pm at Memorial Park (121 N. Bentz Street) following its judging.
- Public Exhibition. Noon—5:00 pm. Free Grand Exhibition finale welcomes the public to view and purchase artwork and cast their ballots for the People's Choice Award. The Table Gallery offers additional artwork painted by artists during the week!
- Youth Plein Air Events. Experiences for artists ages 8-17 to learn about and create plein air artwork and prepare for Youth Quick Draw.
- Saturday, April 30. Bringing Art and History Together, 10:00 am—4:00 pm. Free day-long workshop. Frederick's historic Rose Hill Manor Park and Children's Museum.
- Saturday, May 21, 1:00—4:30 pm. Youth Plein Air Workshop. Young artists learn about the process and stages involved in plein air painting. East Third Street Park.
- Saturday, June 18, Youth Quick Draw. 8:30—11:30 am. Downtown Frederick.
- More to come. As we draw closer to our 6th anniversary event, we will announce a series of activities that focus on plein air painting, demonstrations, and a talk by this year's Easels in Frederick awards judge Dee Beard Dean. Be sure to visit this site often for exciting updates!